Mark and Celeste Roll on, you BEST Labbers: AIDS LifeCycle Cal team is L.A.-bound

Mark Fuge and Celeste Rochuni joined AIDS LifeCycle 12 last Sunday June 2  for a 545-mile bike ride from San Francisco to Los Angeles, starting at the Cow Palace. They will return this Saturday at the Veteran’s Center in LA and fly back in time to join the BEST lab meeting on Monday. This year’s team includes 25 UC Berkeley folks. The team’s progress can be followed on the Cal road warriers blog. Mark has promisted to wear a BEST lab logo for one of the days with a photo. Mark’s quote “Why I ride: I learned the hard way that training for the ALC is less a battle of physique and more a battle of willpower – willpower that more seasoned ALCers have in spades!Celeste’s quote:This year I’m excited to share the awesome experience with a number of new riders, including my sister Hana who hopes to start at Berkeley in the next year or so. Maybe I’ll get some of them hooked!“.  More on the UC Berkeley News Center article, June 1, 2013.