Omoju Miller was featured in the What is TEDx? video. “You can do the Impossible. You don’t need to wait for someone else to do it. . . I can do it!”
“After attending the summit, I realized just how powerful ideas can be. This might sound like a cliche, but when you are in the throws of everyday life, you forget just how life changing an idea can be. Here at Berkeley, we have an amazing heritage of change, our research activities have changed the course of the modern world for better(Protest and Resistance) and for worse (Atom Bomb). We at TEDxEuclidAve, are committed to harnessing the power of ideas. I will end by restating what I have being reminded of : An inspirational idea will eventually lead to action. Seize the day, change the world, that is the power of X.” See more at the TEDx Euclid that Omju organized. The topic was Achieving Social Impact through Entrepreneurship.
Oct 22nd 2011, 10: 00 am – 4:00 pm (registration 9:00-10:00 am)
- Yahel Ben-David, Founder & CTO of AirJaldi
- Tara Chklovski, Founder Iridescent Learning
- Priya Haji, Founder & CEO of World of Good, INC
- Daniel Kammen, Nobel Laureate; Prof Energy and Resources Group, UC Berkeley
- Greg Niemeyer, Co-Founder Social App Labs; Prof Center for New Media, UC Berkeley
- Ryan Shelby, Co-Founder Community Assesment for Renewable Energy and Sustainability (CARES)
Come and join us as we transform the notion of Business as Competition to Business as Community! Explore how science, engineering, and technology is used to change our world through the practice of entrepreneurship.
Location: Banatao Auditorium, Sutardja Dai Hall, University of California, Berkeley .
Time: 9 a.m. check-in 10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. program
Organized by BEST Labber Omoju Miller and Hosted by: BGESS (Black Graduate Engineering Science Students) and the National Collegiate Inventors and Innovators Alliance.